Ok finally, Starbucks in Cyberjaya.
From what i’ve been told, there will be not one – but two Starbucks. One will be open inside Shaftbury Square while the other one will be behind CIMB/Maybank building, around those Padi/Oldtown area.
Update : Store is now open. Read more here
This would be the second Starbucks in Malaysia with a drive thru experience. Never experienced a drive thru Starbucks so i am wondering how they will treat if you want to use your own tumbler, paying via credit card and others. Perhaps i should pay a visit to Setia Alam Starbucks to get to know better the system.
My new entry after almost one year. Hopefully more frequent entry coming..
Some Trivia and mind blowing fact about Starbucks that you might not aware of:-
- Starbucks is not a franchise business (at least in Malaysia)
15 Facts About Starbucks That Will Blow Your Mind
seriously folks, this site do all the hard work with some illustrious pictures 🙂
- Starbucks has added an average of two stores on a daily basis since 1987
- Santa Fe Springs, Calif. has the highest concentration with 560 Starbucks stores within 25 miles –> this is equal to like 14 stores within 1 km. madness!!
- Starbucks had 137,000 employees or “partners” as they call them in 2010. This is twice the population of Greenland.
- It opened its first store in Beijing in 1999 and there are now 376 stores in China. They expect to reach 1000 by 2015. –> hopefully we dont get to see faux starbucks store in China. Like fake IKEA
- The average Starbucks customer visits the store 6 times per month while a loyal 20% of customers go to the stores 16 times per month –> i am somewhere in between, like 10-11 times per month. Quite loyal ehh
- There are over 87,000 possible drink combinations at Starbucks –> no surprise there buddy, combination. Even eight-stud LEGO bricks can be arranged in 915,103,765 different ways
- The original Starbucks in Seattle sold coffee in 8 oz cups. During expansion, they added the 12 oz and the 16 oz then got rid of the 8 oz and added the 24 oz and finally the 30 oz Trenta.. –> nope, no trenta yet in Malaysia
- The Trenta is slightly bigger than your stomach with the capacity to hold 916 milliliters. The stomach on average has a capacity of 900 ml.
- A Starbucks grande coffee has 320 milligrams of caffeine, over four times the amount of caffeine in a Red Bull. –> Err… bad!
- The Starbucks cinnamon chip scone has more calories than a McDonald’s quarter pounder with 480 calories –> O’rlly?
- The zip code that is the farthest from a Starbucks in the U.S. is Adak, Alaska where you would need to travel 1,044 miles for a frappucino.
- At $300 million Starbucks spends more on healthcare insurance for its employees than on coffee beans
- Starbucks uses over 93 million gallons of milk per year, enough to fill 155 Olympic-sized swimming pools
- Starbucks uses 2.3 billion paper cups per year
- The owners almost went with the name Pequod, the name of the boat in Moby Dick, instead of the character Starbucks’ name